Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rooney pledges future to United

Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney insists that his long-term future lies at Old Trafford, having recently put pen to paper on a new five-year contract after threatening to leave the club. 

The 25-year-old England striker has had to live with suggestions that he only signed on to ensure that United would get a good price for him when he quits the Red Devils, but Rooney says that that is not the case. 

He told the club's official website: "I read that I've agreed a new deal so that the club can agree a higher price with a different team somewhere down the line, which was a load of rubbish. 

"I signed a new deal to stay here for the long-term future with United. I always made it clear I wanted to be at this club. 



"I had my concerns and voiced my opinion, but at the end of the day I'm delighted that my long-term future is at United. 

"I want to help the young players the way Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes have helped me. I want to be here and to continue to make this club successful. 

"I can understand fans' frustrations with the contract negotiations, obviously it happened in the public eye which made it difficult, but at the end of the day the main thing is for myself and the club was that we managed to agree that deal. 

"I've signed a new deal to stay here and my long-term future is at United."

No comments:

Post a Comment